Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Our babies are growing up...

It was a great night...Noah slept through the night for the very first time!! We were so excited when we woke up this morning and realized we had not been up AT ALL in the middle of the night. He fell asleep about 10:45p (Robbie got home late) and Robbie got up at 5 this morning like normal. Noah was still asleep. I got in the shower at 5:45a and somewhere around 6a Noah started fussing and Robbie let him out of his swaddle. He was then wide awake and happy as could be! I told Noah "that's what happens when you sleep through the night....you wake up happy!"

On another note...I don't know why this hit me today, but I dropped Kaylee off at school this morning like I always do. She gives Noah and I kisses, we tell her to have a good day, and then she hops out. I roll down the window and say, "I love you" and this morning she said to me, "I love you, Mommy. I'll see you after school." I sat there for a few seconds while I watched her walk up the sidewalk to the school and tears began to fall. I just realized at that point how much she has grown up. She has changed so much in the past year, even in the last few months. It was just one of those moments this morning that I said, "Wow, where has the time gone?"

2 comments:

trixie said...

Oh my...how exciting. I guess Noah Hank is getting ready for his first road trip.
Kaylee is a great "Big Sis"... Love ya GG and Pap

Rich and Renee said...

What a big boy!!! And, let me know how sleeping through the night feels...just kidding. Love you!