Monday, February 2, 2009

Did you think we weren't here anymore?


Well, let's just say it's been WAY too long since I posted anything on here. I could give lots of excuses, Christmas, traveling, a deployment...but all I can say is that I promise to try and do better. I won't try to go back and recap the last 6 or 7 weeks but just start from where we are now.
Currently, Robbie is residing in the country of Qatar for 4 months. He seems to be doing better there now than he was when he first arrived. He got a cell phone that we can call him on and we just set up the webcams yesterday. It was awesome to be able to see him and talk at the same time, although Kaylee was kind-of a camera hog. Please keep him (and us in your prayers as we go through this journey)
Speaking of Kaylee, she is now in her 2nd semester of first grade. She is busy with Daisies (just got done selling girl scout cookies--the girl sold 108 boxes!!), children's choir at church, and helping me with Noah while Robbie is gone. She's such a wonderful helper!
Noah is now 4 1/2 months old, rolling both ways, sleeping in his room, and weighing in at over 15 lbs.! He is eating some really food, although he's not fond of his veggies. He has tried rice and oatmeal cereals, squash, sweet potatoes, and carrots. He has got the most sensitive skin of anyone I've ever known and it is a challenge for me to figure out what kind of creams to put on him to help him stay comfortable. Again, he's just like his Daddy!!
As for me, I am just doing the mom-thing and taking one night class. I have lots of people helping me and offering to help me, which I am extremely grateful for. I will post some pics of our last few weeks. Glad to be back on here!

Our family right before Christmas.

1 comment:

trixie said...

Love the picture you took of the kids. Love GG